Once you have reviewed our Grant Focus Area section and determined that your non-profit organization may qualify for funding from SG Foundation please complete the proposal cover sheet (see button below) and follow these instructions to prepare a proposal for our review.
Introduce your agency with a 1-5 page description of what you do, how long you have been doing it, where you work, and how successful you have been at accomplishing your goals. Provide details about the project for which you are seeking funds. Include a description of the project, when the project will begin and end, where it is located. Include an estimate of how many people will benefit, why these services are needed, how community involvement is secured, and anticipated long term benefits. Describe how to measure your impact; this will be used as a benchmark the following year when we review progress. Describe the key program personnel and how they are qualified to accomplish the goals. For international projects, address how many personnel are local.
Attach the following support documents:
1. Your top level budget for the current year showing revenue and expense in US dollars
2. The budget for your specific project including revenue and expense in US dollars
3. A copy of your most recent form 990 plus current year financial data if the most recent tax return is more than 9 months old
4. If you are new to SG, please tell us about current sources of funding for your work, e.g., foundations, corporations, government funding, individuals
5. Optional: Your annual report and other materials you wish to share with SG Foundation such as photographs or videos of your work, site maps of program locations, etc., may be included.
Once the complete packet is received, determined to be a match with SG interests, and all questions answered, the proposal will be scheduled for a full board review. We make a concerted effort to respond to all proposals within sixty days.
The Proposal Review Committee will be looking for several key elements.
Confirmed 501(c)(3) status or appropriate fiscal sponsorship status
Services help the people living at or below the poverty line
Cost per beneficiary is reasonable
Agency overhead rate is reasonable at 25% or less
Long term benefits are anticipated and impact measurement is defined
Past operational and financial performance of agency are sound
Agency has established the need for a grant
Thank you for considering working with the SG Foundation. We prize an active relationship with all our partners and invest in you just as you are investing in your work with others. We invite you to submit your proposal at any time as we do not have deadlines. Please feel free to contact us.